Friday, January 1, 2010

Another Year Has Come and Gone...


Can you believe another year has come and gone? I sure can't. I decided I don't like how fast the time flies, I guess I must be having fun! In my last post I said that I would be better at updating and maintaining my blog. As you can see my nose has grown a bit and I haven't done a post in about two and a half months! Well it has been a great year.


I started out the year planning to make it as magical as 2008, but by the time March hit I was ready for 2009 to be over. For some reason 2009 was not as good to me as 2008, must be that it is an odd number. I didn't take an huge trips like I did in 2008 (which I do have a cruise planned this year, again the even years are good for me), but I did end up going to the cabin quite a bit. I didn't hit as many rodeos as I did in 2008 (four to be exact, five or six less than 2008). I turned 27 (which again has been my least favorite age...there we go again with the odd numbers).

There were many highlights to 2009, hope you don't think I am just pointing out the negatives. I did sell my old car which was a worry to me, but turned out okay. I did buy a new car and I love Jasmine. I love that she is reliable and has low miles, something a single girl needs! I got to spend a lot of special time with my nieces. They are one of the many things in life that brings me joy! Jamie came home from her mission and we have spent a lot of family time together. It has been great to have my best friends home. I have continued to enjoy Citrine and being with those ladies. I also got to spend the majority of my year with my family. We even welcomed a new member to the family. Luke Walter Leake was born December 11 and has been a joy to us all. Finally we get a little boy!

Every time a new year starts I tell myself that this is the year, well I am going to say it again. THIS IS THE YEAR! I am going to make this year better than last year (won’t be too hard to beat) and try to find improvement for myself. This year for my New Year’s resolutions I want to find balance and harmony in my life. This year I am going to set out to find balance with my spiritual, mental, physical and emotional aspects of who I am. Each one has a specific thing that I am going to focus on to get me there.

Mental: I am going back to school. It has only taken me 10 years out of high school to come to the point of finally deciding what I want to do with the rest of my life. I want to help people, so how do I do that? I decided I am going to go into nursing. I am going to be taking a CNA class this next month and try to get on with a hospital. I also have a couple of pre-reqs to take before I can apply for the nursing program (pharmacology math, Human Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry and Biology). I hope that the next three years are going to be fun.

Spiritual: I have set out a couple of spiritual goals for me to achieve this year. I will tell you what the first one is. I want to read the Book of Mormon again start to finish by the time my birthday comes. I have until April 28th to finish. That gives me about 1.5 chapters a day. I can do that.

Physical: I am going to be running a 1/2 Marathon in Moab in March. I have started the training and let me tell you, it is kicking my butt. I have the running shoes and the running clothes and other vitamins and minerals suited for a runner, I just need to get a little more motivation. I know that it I wouldn’t take to running overnight and that I need to progress to that point, but I hope that point comes faster. My goal for the marathon is to do it timed and not get picked up by the sweep bus. I am at a 17.5 minute mile and I am hoping to drop that down to 13 min. I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

Emotional: I am going on another cruise come April. It is my birthday gift to myself (just like my car was last year). It is going to Cabo San Lucas for two days and I get to room with my spectacular sister, Jamie. This cruise will be having about 200 LDS singles from all over, so hopefully it will be fun. It is sad to say that I am more excited to have the opportunity to people watch and just get out of town than for the actual cruise. I will admit that Cabo was not my favorite place I have been, but I am going with 10 close friends and it will be fun! I have other fun things that I need to do to make sure that my emotional aspect is covered. I just need to make sure that I take mini vacations and not to overwhelm myself with work and school.

I hope everyone else has a wonderful 2010. It is going to be a magical year, but only if you make it one! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Sorry, just had to show off how cute our little man is and how big he is getting! Compare this picture to the one with Gram at Christmas. Already he is getting too big!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I sooo need to re-evaluate the goals! Great post friend!