Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Birthday

So I know this post is late, but better late than never, right? On my birthday I went to the zoo with my beautiful nieces, my sister and grandmother. I don't think I could have spent a birthday in a better way. No work was the biggest bonus to me, but to spend the day with those that I love was even better. After walking around the zoo my parents, gram, Chris, the girls and Derick all went to dinner with me to Iggy's (one of my favorite places). It was such a great birthday.

I will admit that I had a hard time turning 27 this year. I think the older I get the more I focus on where my life is going and if I am happy. I am happy with my life, and I know things haven't turned out the way that I wanted, but I am not always in charge. I hope that this year will be just as spectacular as 26 was.

It wouldn't be the zoo if you didn't take your picture with the Lion drinking fountain (which wasn't working). I guess they keep it for picture ops.

Again, so many photo ops at the zoo!!

This picture doesn't show it, but Brynnie loved the carousel. At first she was a little hesitant, but once it got going she was grins the whole ride.
Again, what is the zoo without the "Do you measure up?" picture. Yes...I do measure up.
What a great day at the zoo. I love my family. We had such an amazing day. Madi and Em were more excited for my day and our trip to the zoo than anyone else. I couldn't have spent it any better.

No comments: