Monday, June 8, 2009

What's in a Purse?

You have heard the saying, "What's in a name?," but have you ever wondered really, what is in a woman's purse? Every woman knows what is in their own purse, but do you ever wonder what is in another woman's purse? Or men, do you just wonder what is in those bags that are so heavy and are giving women a hump back look from carrying all their crap? Well my friends, it is about to be revealed exactly the kind of crap I carry in my purse.
I love my purse. It is the thing that goes from Point A to Point B and is always there. I am not the kind of girl to carry a small purse around. I like the big purse, but not too big. Moderation is the key for me. I at least need to be able to carry a book...not a textbook size book, just a book...and a bottle of water. If I can't fit that and the other essentials then it is not worth carrying. Go ahead and see what I keep in my purse, and I dare you to look in yours and see if you can have more junk than I have!

This is before everything was taken out of the bag...pretty full, and heavy, if you ask me! Just call me Quasimodo as that is what I am going to be!

The things that are in my purse...

  1. My phone (always with me, but hardly ever charged!)
  2. iPod (can't leave home without it!)
  3. 3 Nail Polishes (Two of them change color in the sun)
  4. Nail Buffer, nail file and clippers
  5. Gum (a must have for all purses)
  6. My work badge (yes, it says Costco, and no I don't work there. It is to remind me I need to renew it)
  7. CD-ROM Sports Illustrated Basketball Game (love the Wendy's Kid's Meals)
  8. My daily 'To-Do List'
  9. 2 Hair Clips (same color even)
  10. 2 Sets of Keys (I would be in trouble if I locked both sets in the car)
  11. Sunglasses (compliments of Coastal Contacts...and Janessa)
  12. Midol (or as I like to call it "Cure-All")
  13. Kool-Aid singles Packets (You never know when you might be lost in the woods and need to purify and flavor your water)
  14. Ear phones
  15. iPod charger
  16. Hair barrette and elastic
  17. Lotion
  18. Juicy Couture Perfume
  19. Eye Drops
  20. Liquid Eyeliner (for when I need to add drama to the eyes for all the Raves I go to)
  21. Cargo lip gloss (I love, love, love the Cargo, and any make-up product)
  22. Bare Essentials Mineral Make-Up Buxom Lips (I love the pouty look)
  23. Key Chain with Camera memory card(s)
  24. Binoculars (perfect for spying on other people)
  25. Camera (see above...first you need the binoc's and then the camera for blackmail)
  26. 2-Year Monthly Planner (gotta know which guy I will be with each day...)
  27. Pen
  28. Receipt from my doctor's appointment that day
  29. Wallet
  30. and finally (drum roll please)...a book (the number one thing that my purses need to hold...you never know when you will be stuck somewhere, let's say...ummm...fun?, and without a book)

Hmmmm...water bottle not in the bag when we did this! Oh well, always know that my purse has a water bottle in it as well, and lately it has been a liter bottle! As well you can see that there are no incriminating things in my bag that would make me blush. So if you ever need to scrounge around in my bag, go for it, you might find something amazing!

4 comments:

Tina said...

YES.. all questions that men may have about a woman's handbag have been answered! Hilarious my friend! So glad to see that you blogged about it! LOVE IT!

Janessa said...

Oh my! You should be able to win a weight training contest after packing that bag around. I'm just glad you didn't have batteries in there. Remember when we found those in my Mom's purse. Crazy!

Janessa said...

You should tag people to see what they have in their bags!

Tina said...

I 2nd that!