Friday, March 27, 2009

It's a First...

The other night my friends from Citrine went to hear one of the girls in our group sing at Liquid Joes. I will admit that was the first time I have ever set foot in a bar. I was a little nervous at first since I have never been to a bar and have never really been around people that drink. It turned out to be a good evening. There was good entertainment, talking and laughing. The poor bartender probably did not make a lot of tips that night as the majority of the group there was LDS. We listened to Erin sing and then stayed to hear another group called Fictionist perform. Rich's son (Rich plays bass in our group) was plying in the band Fictionsist, and they were awesome. During this performance we did have an encounter with a guy that had probably had seven too many drinks.

I had made sure that I was playing it safe by wearing "the ring" so I wouldn't have any un-necessary socially lubricated flirty. The two gals I went with (Hailey and Britt) are both happily married and members of the church. We thought that we were safe, but we still had that one guy come and talk to us. It was a guy that Erin introduced us to before she started to perform. He was really cute, but a little to short and scrawny for me. After Erin was done and Fictionist started playing he came over and started chatting with us. He had a full mug of beer and I was so worried that he would slosh that all over me. He was right in our face and his breath stunk and made me want to gag. The more he drank the louder he got. Him and Britt started quoting Talladage Nights and when he found out Hailey and I had not seen it he invited us over to his house to watch it, as it was so funny. Obviously we declined and tried to get him to go away, but when he put the mug on the table you know he is staying. Rich did come over and talked with us, but after awhile he did leave. The best part was while he was dowing the last of his beer he looked at our drinks (water and Pepsi products) and stated, "You are all Mormons." We told him that we were and then he told us that he was as well and he was an even an Elder. I couldn't think what to say to that, but Britt was quick on her toes and told him that she used to be a Mia Maid. After that we decided it was time to go, and again he offered to let us come to his house, and again we declined. As we said our hurried goodbyes to everyone we raced out to my car to find that it was blocked in by the band's bus. We jumped in the car and locked the doors hoping that Johnny would not come and find us. We did get out of there, and had lots of laughs about the night. Oh...and he did have a stricking resemblance to Michael Scott. If you don't know who that is it is a shame!

I will admit that my mother was a little upset that I went to a bar. I want to assure her, and everyone else, that I ain't no hussy and would not go home with anyone, nor would I drink. If I cannot stand the smell of someone's liquored breath I doubt I would drink the stuff. I also think that I can take care of myself. I am sure that her worry was more in regards to the other people who were drinking that would be out on the road. I was safe, and so were my friends. I think that I would go there again to hear some music, it was a lot of fun!

Brittany and I having a blast at Liquid Joes

Haylie and I also enjoying the good conversation, people watching and music!

3 comments:

The Lunts said...

O my gosh we love lIquid Joes!! Haha you gotta go on Thursdays to hear the 80s cover bands they are amazing!!

Camie and JD said...

oh tracie jo I just love you!!! We have to get together and have lunch or something. I need to show you my little baby!

Tina said...

I have never been there. I have almost felt uncomfortable going to bars. For the most part, because drunk people seriously annoy the crap out of and kind a scare me. But it looks like you had fun! Good call on wearing the ring.