Friday, March 27, 2009

These Boots Are Made for Walking...

So I am the proud owner of some new boots!! I have wanted some western boots for sometime and I finally decided what the hay, I'll get them. I had to go to Cabela's and get a bridal shower gift for a girl in my ward. While I was there I went and tried on some boots. I made a fool of myself somewhat, but that is okay. Here is the story behind the purchase.

I had just finished doing an extreme cardio and super sets with weights and was extremely hot, sweaty and tired. I needed to get the shopping done for the shower the next day so I decided I would go after my workout. I had this problem when I workout that I don't really cool down very quickly and my body temp stays hot. I went to the shoe section looking for the boot that I wanted (I had already looked on-line). This really cute clerk comes to help me, and because he is cute, tall and big I start to blush. I don't know about most of you, but when I blush I get hot, and since I am already hot I get hotter. I then start to sweat as my body is in overload. So I try on the boots (which can be a workout) and start talking to the guy (who by the way has no ring) about just random things. During this whole conversation I cannot stop blushing, and then sweating so I decided that I could not talk to him or even try to flirt as I was feeling gross and he probably thought I was some idiot who couldn't stop blushing or sweating. So with a final smile I grabbed the boots and told him I had to go. End of story.

I was mortified later that night as the whole situation replayed in my head, but now I just think it is hilarious. I do love my boots and think they are cute. I want to buy another pair, but will hold off with these ones! (The boots that I went with are pictured below).

No comments: